New V1 out soon or is it just fake news ?

ROLLTIDE

Reaction score
Ok. I remember now- you got banned at RDF awhile back. The reason I asked was because Rocket Jockey has a similar “tale” of a new V1, which just seems too good to be true.
I heard the same things when I phoned Valentine over the last couple of weeks and it almost made me return the $475 Uniden R7 .
Where do you preorder? Was this a joke or real?
You have to call them up to place a preorder. It's not a joke or fake news

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Intermediate
Reaction score
You have to call them up to place a preorder. It's not a joke or fake news
What are they asking for to place a pre-order? Do they tell you how much? Do they ask for a credit card? Did they give you a time window? Can someone elaborate?

ROLLTIDE

Reaction score
What are they asking for to place a pre-order? Do they tell you how much? Do they ask for a credit card? Did they give you a time window? Can someone elaborate?
They ask for a credit card number and say that they will call you when they know the exact amount the detector is going to be and that it's likely going to be in the $450 to $499.99 range . They keep saying that it will be out in the next 2 weeks but that is clearly fake news :)

Deadhead1971

Titanic Survivor
Advanced
Reaction score
Where do you preorder? Was this a joke or real?
From a VR email a few days ago- I asked about preordering. They wrote right back within an hour. I followed up with - is a new display coming out and no response-

You may call us at (800) 331-3030 to place an order to be shipped when we receive the parts from the vendors and are able to produce the units to ship. We are going to raise the price after 25 years of maintaining the same price. The price will be $400 something.

Customer Service

Last edited:

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Intermediate
Reaction score
I will place a preorder I guess. Feels stupid not knowing what you are buying, and how much you are buying it for. Here’s a blank check @MikeV!...oh wait...If @Jon at Radenso or @Randy at Radenso could give us an idea of when their next RD will be announced, I would wait to see what they have up their sleeve. Just under the impression they won’t have anything new out until 2020. :confused:

Randy at Radenso

Radenso Radar
Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
I will place a preorder I guess. Feels stupid not knowing what you are buying, and how much you are buying it for. Here’s a blank check @MikeV!...oh wait...If @Jon at Radenso or @Randy at Radenso could give us an idea of when their next RD will be announced, I would wait to see what they have up their sleeve. Just under the impression they won’t have anything new out until 2020. :confused:
We cannot provide any information regarding product development or release dates. Sorry

Mushin

WT* Did I Just Read
Advanced
Reaction score
We cannot provide any information regarding product development or release dates. Sorry
Is that due to FCC Rules, or just a "best practice" approach of no announcements until you know it's ready.

Radio Frequency (RF) devices are required to be properly authorized under 47 CFR part 2 prior to being marketed or imported into the United States. The Office of Engineering and Technology (OET) administers the equipment authorization program under the authority delegated to it by the Commission. This program is one of the principal ways the Commission ensures that RF devices used in the United States operate effectively without causing harmful interference and otherwise comply with the Commission’s rules. All RF devices subject to equipment authorization must comply with the Commission’s technical requirements prior to importation or marketing.

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Intermediate
Reaction score
?? You have no idea haha
I know better than to ask those questions- already know the answer
Yeah, me too, I’m just hoping one of these days he’ll slip :p Sorry Randy!

I just know that as soon as I buy that “updated” V1, a few months later Radenso is going to come out with something better and I’m going to have to eBay the V1. Such is life.

Randy at Radenso

Radenso Radar
Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
Well they are definitely NOT going out of business (as some speculated) if they are taking preorders.

This also probably disproves the “selling the business” argument as well.
VR makes money on things other than radar detectors. People thinking they are going out of business don't know what they are talking about. They gave 5 million dollars to UC a few years ago to re-innovate our basketball arena.

Vancity23

Reaction score
From a VR email a few days ago- I asked about preordering. They wrote right back within an hour. I followed up with - is a new display coming out and no response-

You may call us at (800) 331-3030 to place an order to be shipped when we receive the parts from the vendors and are able to produce the units to ship. We are going to raise the price after 25 years of maintaining the same price. The price will be $400 something.

Customer Service
Are some interpreting that as a new V2 or just a price increase...

tempnexus

Reaction score
Because we are a very small company and we can’t risk our careers on giving out product development information out. ??‍♂
VR makes money on things other than radar detectors. People thinking they are going out of business don't know what they are talking about. They gave 5 million dollars to UC a few years ago to re-innovate our basketball arena.
Well based on the customer service I think they are selling salt since well the lady is quite salty ?