• RDTalk.opg has acquired RDForum.org, the largest countermeasure forum in the US! Please go to https://www.rdforum.org/ to participate on the new site!

New V1 out soon or is it just fake news ?

ROLLTIDE

Reaction score
Valentine has been taking preorders for over a month now for the new V1 . Teddy with Valentine claims it will have a new display and internals and be on sale in the next 2 weeks. I don't think I have ever been this excited for a new product .

V1Jake

Advanced
Reaction score
I'd sit at a shopping complex just to see it alert to k-band non-stop. I'd let the alert sound become ingrained into my body and soul

LeftLaneInPA

School buses are my nemeses.
Advanced
Reaction score
Too much conflicting information. Some people say a new V1 (V1 Gen4?) is coming out. Others say it's just a parts shortage and it'll be, essentially, what we have now.

Quite honestly, I have no interest in upgrading if it's just a new display front-end and there's no performance increases or improved BSM filtering. I run my V1s dark anyway while using JBV1.

So I'm content to let this play out and see what happens.

Transporter

Georgia Area Test Group
Advanced
Reaction score
Valentine has been taking preorders for over a month now for the new V1 . Teddy with Valentine claims it will have a new display and internals and be on sale in the next 2 weeks. I don't think I have ever been this excited for a new product .

I'm calling BS, because if that were true you would have said, "How much is the new V1 going to be and is there an upgrade path and how much is that going to be?" and then you would have posted it, not this under $500 stick! If it is due out in two weeks, they would have pricing already to tell you exactly what it will cost. The Website would be updated and taking pre-orders, plus the September Auto Magazine issues would have pictures and pricing.

Additionally new internals could simply mean new PCB boards if the were EOL parts and they were forced to update the display and needed newly designed boards to make that happen, meaning it works exactly the same just the boards are new IE like the current model changed and the only difference was to make manufacturing easier everything else stayed the same.

Transporter

Georgia Area Test Group
Advanced
Reaction score
They told me that the price was going up for the first time ever and it would be less than $500

Calling BS again (unless you were speaking to somebody that had only been with VR for a year), because if the price increases, IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME TO EVER INCREASE! My first V1 was $299 if I remember correctly. Then they added Laser and it increased. Then they update it with ESP and TMF2 and the price today is $399.

ROLLTIDE

Reaction score
Call them up if you don't believe me. I have no reason to lie and make stuff up ! I have recorded phone calls to Valentine if you don't believe me :)

ROLLTIDE

Reaction score
Calling BS again (unless you were speaking to somebody that had only been with VR for a year), because if the price increases, IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME TO EVER INCREASE! My first V1 was $299 if I remember correctly. Then they added Laser and it increased. Then they update it with ESP and TMF2 and the price today is $399.
I always remember V1's being $399 so you may be correct on that subject . Not sure why they would be gathering creditcard numbers and taking orders if something wasn't about to be released. I trust them more with my credit card number than XYD :)

Deadhead1971

Titanic Survivor
Advanced
Reaction score
I always remember V1's being $399 so you may be correct on that subject . Not sure why they would be gathering creditcard numbers and taking orders if something wasn't about to be released. I trust them more with my credit card number than XYD :)
R you the guy I joked about riding the chariot? I am trying to keep all my sources straight. Thx