Canadian radar detector and laser jammer laws

HappyDriver

Advanced
Reaction score
A small point, but Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii are greyed out as if they're part of the U.S. Otherwise accurate. It's fascinating though how you can drive through red provinces with the proper equipment.

bossdad71

Radar Busters CS rep ( Psalms 23)
Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
I drove the alaska highway several times going to tok. Once a person gets to yukon there is so little traffic, and the cop cars looked so outdated not sure they even had radar guns

AngryPenguin

Advanced
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure but to clarify as there are commercial drivers that view RDT that the map in question was designed to highlight whether or not the use of CM was legal for light passenger vehicle drivers and not for commercial ones.

If like in the US, it's probably banned everywhere for commercial drivers.

Run4donut

Free rays of instant on
Advanced
Reaction score
From what I have seen there is nothing in BC that can stop a commercial vehicle from having a detector.

Dukes

CACTG
Advanced
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure but to clarify as there are commercial drivers that view RDT that the map in question was designed to highlight whether or not the use of CM was legal for light passenger vehicle drivers and not for commercial ones.

If like in the US, it's probably banned everywhere for commercial drivers.
I'm not aware of any laws in Alberta, BC or Saskatchewan that prohibit radar detectors in commercial vehicles. Saskatchewan did propose it in 2014 but I can't find anything further than a proposal article - https://www.todaystrucking.com/saskatchewan-proposes-banning-radar-detectors-in-trucks/. I've also never seen a radar detector detector in Alberta or BC before.

Also not illegal on military bases in Canada (unless the province already bans them).

Last edited: