GMC Arcadia BSM?

Transporter

Georgia Area Test Group
Advanced
Reaction score
@johnboy00 is there any data on the GMC Arcadia? I had a long trip this week and ran past three GMC Arcadias. I checked my JBV1 logs and the first BSM is 24.008 then 24.188 then 24.008 on each of them while passing. The frequencies were that exact on all three. Anybody else observed these freqs around the Arcadia? Is this useful?

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score
@johnboy00 is there any data on the GMC Arcadia? I had a long trip this week and ran past three GMC Arcadias. I checked my JBV1 logs and the first BSM is 24.008 then 24.188 then 24.008 on each of them while passing. The frequencies were that exact on all three. Anybody else observed these freqs around the Arcadia? Is this useful?
Yea I have. Did not log exact shifting frequencies. I chalked it up, not knowing, to frequency modulation or wide range of freq hopping. Horrible wide ranging mess.

You are posting some of the last RDT content. Enjoy the event. Looks like some of this moved over tonight to RDF. Then RDT here heads to boneyard.

johnboy00

Reaction score
Was it ever 24.008 and 24.188 (two different signals) at same time?

LouG

Reaction score
I don't know if there have been changes in the GM filter or silent ride, but I had a Holden Commodore muted without so much as a beep. Usually one gets through before muting.

GTO_04

Reaction score
Was it ever 24.008 and 24.188 (two different signals) at same time?
That is not unsual. The RH BSM operates on a different frequency from the LH BSM. That is why Autoscan on the older M3 (Redline and Magnum) can be useful for filtering out BSMs. Autoscan on the older M3 RDs looks for paired frequencies.

I have seen Acadias in the 24.168 and 24.178 range as well as 24.08 GHz. There is no set location for GM BSM systems, and is one reason they can be difficult to filter. A notch filter will NOT work for GM.

GTO_04