Lidar in Utah

bossdad71

Radar Busters CS rep ( Psalms 23)
Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
A customer turned friend got a ticket today in the great mormon state of Utah. She said her r3 didnt make a sound. I asked if she got hit with laser, she said nope, he was sitting sideways in the medium and pulled out and get her. She sent me the ticket, yep lidar at 800 + feet. Thought I would give a warning to all the folks out there.

Attachments

ChikinAdobo

Intermediate
Reaction score
Unfortunate for her. She should consider Waze if jammers are not an option. Strong chance a LEO sitting in the medium would be reported by someone.

bslaws

Beginner
Reaction score
Isn't @sdrawkcaB in Utah? Maybe he knows what they are shooting there. Are parking sensors illegal in UT? Also, I used to have property in Box Elder, kind of out in the middle of nowhere IIRC.

bossdad71

Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
Isn't @sdrawkcaB in Utah? Maybe he knows what they are shooting there. Are parking sensors illegal in UT? Also, I used to have property in Box Elder, kind of out in the middle of nowhere IIRC.
yes he lives out there but he never leaves the house, and never breaks the law. Lol jk buddy what they using out there

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light
Advanced
Reaction score
Unfortunate for her. She should consider Waze if jammers are not an option. Strong chance a LEO sitting in the medium would be reported by someone.
Waze usage isn't that popular in this area of Utah yet. You may get lucky, but my experience has been that the user base just isn't there yet. It's popular in South Salt Lake County and Utah County, but not so much elsewhere.

bossdad71

Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
Waze usage isn't that popular in this area of Utah yet. You may get lucky, but my experience has been that the user base just isn't there yet. It's popular in South Salt Lake County and Utah County, but not so much elsewhere.
what type of guns they using

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light
Advanced
Reaction score
Parking sensors are legal in Utah. Laser Jammers aren't.

what they using out there
So far in Utah I've seen:
KSI ProLaser 2, KSI ProLaser 3, KSI ProLaser 4, LTI TruSpeed S, LTI LR B, Stalker LZ-1.

bossdad71

Advanced
Vendor
Reaction score
Parking sensors are legal in Utah. Laser Jammers aren't.

So far in Utah I've seen:
KSI ProLaser 2, KSI ProLaser 3, KSI ProLaser 4, LTI TruSpeed S, LTI LR B, Stalker LZ-1.
so nothing hard to jam

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light
Advanced
Reaction score
Might have been sitting on the on ramp and shooting the @$$ end of cars as they went by.
They love that spot for south-bound traffic. They'll sit on the entrance ram, which is actually lower than the road coming over the hillcrest, so you don't see them until they're in your rear view.

I know the spot that they sit in the median at. I'll post it in a few mintues.