2020 C8 Corvette price is out

PointerCone

Advanced
Reaction score
Regardless of what you're driving or looking for, I do agree that the Vette is a performance bargain. Not so much the ZR1 or ZO-6 , but the LTs are certainly worth their cost. In addition, they are easy to fix and even easier to modify. Try that with an R8 and you'll be bankrupt. R8 is sexxy car , but I would never own a high end Audi/Porsche/BMW/Benz out of warranty. Too much to go wrong and when they do, its brutal $$. Went around that block with an S Class V12 MB and never again. Coil Packs for $2000 each and there's two . Pfft.

As to the Model 3 DMP. It's by far the best performance value out there. Outhandles and outruns an M3 Competizione , RS3 and pretty much everything in its class and can be had for about $55,000, minus the $6000 FSD (still gimmicky right now) . It'll beat to 60 (3.0) pretty much anything anyone can throw at it and is very close to a GTR (2.9) in the 0-60 run and qtr mile (stock to stock). Even @Dr.how contributed to Elon's most recent excapade for the Boring Company, the infamous flamethrower!!

CarlB

Can't Drive 55
Intermediate
Reaction score
No one doing track days with a model 3 when there isn't a super charger track side. Nor do they put a car that heavy through 20-30 minute sessions.

Choose Life

Reaction score
An I'm jus ''puttin'' along in my boosted straight 6 sedan
Undercover like a mother

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score
No one doing track days with a model 3 when there isn't a super charger track side. Nor do they put a car that heavy through 20-30 minute sessions.
Actually, that is not a complete assumption on your part. The 3P will/does it. Even s basic RWD model did Nuremberg for few laps in hands of non racers. On YouTube or Vimeo. Before P model was out. Other videos show basic model on track for full time. It’s brakes were hurt. Did not have full regen on. P model videos no issues. In all cases, no battery run downs are reported. Had plenty to get to Charger off site some distance away. Do the research you will see.

Last edited:

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure I agree with this. Each type of 'supercar' has their target market. I'm going to use this term carefully, but respectfully as well. The Corvette is meant for car buyers who will buy American, but also those who are after "value oriented" fast cars. Corvette's are a bargain especially from a performance perspective, but while it does that well, it doesn't tick off some of the other boxes.

Between a 2010 R8 or a new Corvette, I'd personally take the R8. I have 0.5 interest in the Corvette.

To me, it's like the value oriented Genesis G90. Is it a good car that does 90% of what a flagship should do at 70% of the price? Yes, absolutely, but I would never ever own one.

So bringing this back on topic to the 'Vette. Great car, but no, I don't think they would hurt sales for its main competitors which I know are a lot more $. The 'Vette is for a niche buyer. It'll never satisfy your Bay/Wall street type of person, but it would for an American car lover who is on the older side. (no disrespect to anyone here, there or otherwise! - yes I know, a cliche, but I don't know of anyone 'young' who can afford a Vette who ends up buying one)
“Snobs soon part with their money on shiny objects. Few have methods to replenish from their waste” - Anonymous

Older buyers? Most excited C8 buyers are the few who have come out of their parents basement, earned some Jack. Ordered a C8... Old farts still like their C7 (which is ok).

Are you Ted Knight who was in Caddy Shack? :) Remember Rodney wins.... :)

CarlB

Can't Drive 55
Intermediate
Reaction score
Actually, that is not a complete assumption on your part. The 3P will/does it. Even s basic RWD model did Nuremberg for few laps in hands of non racers. On YouTube or Vimeo. Before P model was out. Other videos show basic model on track for full time. It’s brakes were hurt. Did. Or have full regen on. P model videos no issues. In all cases, no battery run downs are reported. Had plenty to get to Charger off site some distance away. Do the research you will see.
So go charge while your group is actually back out? Sounds like fail to me.

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score
So go charge while your group is actually back out? Sounds like fail to me.
Wrong bucko. Here is another video where he states he has battery for ALL the runs of the day. No recharge needed. Unlike ICE cars, which have fuel burns of 22 gallons a hour at track speed with 11 gallon tank, or up to 37+ gallons a hour on track with a 20 gallon tank (cars with 550hp and above). Does not take genuine to see they run tight in fuel for the day.

Look, I like ICE as much as the rest of us. But, times are changing. I go with the flow of the best moving forward, and what is to come. Electric is changing the personal transportation world. Just the way it is. For now, we watch this emerge to beyond par level of ICE.