• RDTalk.org has acquired RDForum.org, the largest countermeasure forum in the US! Please go to https://www.rdforum.org/ to participate on the new site!

2020 C8 Corvette price is out

fogboundturtle

Reaction score
https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ricing_PDF.pdf

Summary

1LT Starting at $59,995*
2LT Starting At: $67,295*
3LT Starting At: $71,945

Most notable option :

Z51 Performance Package2 $5,000
Magnetic Selective Ride Control & Performance Traction Management1 $1,895
GT2 Seats $1,495
Front Lift Adjustable Height with Memory $1,495
Engine Appearance Package $995

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Advanced
Reaction score

Summary

1LT Starting at $59,995*

Most notable option :

GT2 Seats $1,495

Wow that's way more affordable than I was anticipating, now if only my old fat ass could get in and out without hiring a crane company ;)

Transporter

Georgia Area Test Group
Advanced
Reaction score

Summary

1LT Starting at $59,995*

Most notable option :

GT2 Seats $1,495

No Class IV Tow package option so I can tow my Cigarette Boat?

http://www.cigaretteracing.com/eng/index.php

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Advanced
Reaction score
Someone should photoshop a picture of a city with nothing but C8 Corvettes driving around
So you guys don't think it'll get played out?

I own a Challenger and around here, they are completely played out. Way too many of them. I don't even register mustangs anymore because there are so many of them everywhere.

Vettes have always been rich old white guy cars. Let's see if that changes, but I kinda doubt it.

Maybe photoshop a flock of Corvettes migrating from New England to Florida for the winter.

Patton250

Advanced
Reaction score
It’s a beautiful car for sure but a terrible car for jammers.

Th3 Factory Freak

F V8
Advanced
Reaction score
Very happy with 2013 ISF, car is paid for. As much as I love performance cars, I got a few years of career advancement to work on and many house projects. No performance cars here for quite a few years.

CarlB

Can't Drive 55
Intermediate
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Even I , who just got my C7 a few months ago, is thinking about to upgrade already.
I'm just happy to see the C7GS prices plummet. The plan is to sell my STi and go buy one to be the new track car. The prices are falling so quick!

$40k - $45k is a tempting target price, but it might come earlier than next year when I was planning on buying one.

I own a Challenger and around here, they are completely played out. Way too many of them. I don't even register mustangs anymore because there are so many of them everywhere.

Vettes have always been rich old white guy cars. Let's see if that changes, but I kinda doubt it.

Maybe photoshop a flock of Corvettes migrating from New England to Florida for the winter.
If the goal is to be unique in that you have a car other people do not, then Corvette is a bad choice. They are one of the most common sports cars. Most just hide out in garages and get waxed on Sundays. Incredible performance bargain due to the high volume though.

fogboundturtle

Reaction score
Just remember the GS only has 4 inches of clearance while the Stingray has 5 inches.

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score
Someone should photoshop a picture of a city with nothing but C8 Corvettes driving around
Nah, instead would be more proper to use M2 Comp instead. Would satisfy the discerning in their own mind crowd. :)

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score

I get what you are saying..... And FCA hot rods are for the masses of youngsters? Ton of blue rinse sets driving them around. Well, except maybe for a certain Track Hawk owner with a similar RDF/RDT handle as yours.

Last edited:

Heywood

Live Fast Die Young Leave A Good Looking Corpse
Advanced
Reaction score
This is really weird where I am. It’s opposite.

I have a SRT Challenger. Lol. Its very rare to see one. Even Hellcats Demons, and Redeye’s.

There’s R/T’s, Scats, and SXT’s, but any SRT’s, and any of the above trims, are scarce and draw attention.

When I’m out cruising, I see way more Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s and GT-R’s. Not as common as Mustangs and Camaro’s, but it’s close.

I live in a 1300 sq. Ft 50 year old house. There’s more Lamborghini’s in my neighborhood than Camaro’s and Mustangs. Lol.

This is flippin Western Canada where you can only enjoy these toys from the end of March to Halloween if your lucky.

It’s a running joke between my wife and me. Every time we see a Ferrari.

“ Can’t swing a cat these days without hitting a Ferrari”. Lol.

I asked my wife about the recent Stingray. If she was interested in ever owning one. She shot the idea down pretty quickly.

Her reason? Her parking lot at work was filled with them. She kind of looked at me with a look of disgust and asked:

“When did you become such a sheep and want to have the samething as every one and their dog?”

Truth be told, I’m a gear head, and if I had unlimited funds and a huge warehouse, I’d own one. Lol.

Dr.how

INCTG
Advanced
Reaction score
This is really weird where I am. It’s opposite.

I have a SRT Challenger. Lol. Its very rare to see one. Even Hellcats Demons, and Redeye’s.

There’s R/T’s, Scats, and SXT’s, but any SRT’s, and any of the above trims, are scarce and draw attention.

When I’m out cruising, I see way more Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s and GT-R’s. Not as common as Mustangs and Camaro’s, but it’s close.

I live in a 1300 sq. Ft 50 year old house. There’s more Lamborghini’s in my neighborhood than Camaro’s and Mustangs. Lol.

This is flippin Western Canada where you can only enjoy these toys from the end of March to Halloween if your lucky.

It’s a running joke between my wife and me. Every time we see a Ferrari.

“ Can’t swing a cat these days without hitting a Ferrari”. Lol.

I asked my wife about the recent Stingray. If she was interested in ever owning one. She shot the idea down pretty quickly.

Her reason? Her parking lot at work was filled with them. She kind of looked at me with a look of disgust and asked:

“When did you become such a sheep and want to have the samething as every one and their dog?”

Truth be told, I’m a gear head, and if I had unlimited funds and a huge warehouse, I’d own one. Lol.
Excellent musings from up yonder. Depending on mood and vehicle available, I move between owning the scarce to the popular. The C8 will be popular, and I don’t care this time. 40k made a year for world wide sales, not everyone will have in their driveway. My wife and I have not participated in owning a Corvette since the 80s. These times, this will change. Delivery should be next summer. Or fall as 2021. The dealer has allocation for 200 a year. Got in on tail end. The good news? Because they will keep making these for years to come, they are not commanding Uber high over sticker pricing. Demons, or GT500s, or others command bunch over sticker, or the manufacturers takes the extra cut by charging $100k for a Jeep (Trail Hawk).

I commend GM for what they have done. Amazing feat. I am. It normally a GM Fan. That changed with the C8. We will see. Choice is good.

I really want to acquire a Red Eye version of the Charger with beefed up cop AWD. That would be killer. I know wide body Charger is open for order (?).. Hellcat version is nice. But... bring on Red Eye AWD. FCA could do it. It would be blazing fast and corner better. Well, for a 4500lb+ Sedan. Won’t happen. If get in mood again for Sedan like that, Model 3P is the pick.

Heywood

Advanced
Reaction score
Trail Hawk here is $129k

I had a chance in a 2015 Hellcat. MSRP tax in was about $70k. They sold for $92k.

2 Demons in Edmonton that I know of sold for big $$$$

US MSRP is $89k?

One sold for $151k the other for $190k

Last edited:

CarlB

Can't Drive 55
Intermediate
Reaction score
Hellcat are only good in straight line. Corvette can take up to 1g of lateral force. They are a beast on the track.
Yeah, but I don't think he's making a point about performance specs just in terms of "unique" or rare. For many people a car isn't an extension of their personality, so the rarity or uniqueness doesn't matter.

I'm a fan of more unique cars, but for my track car I honestly don't care.

Heywood

Advanced
Reaction score
Hard to say if they’ll stick at that price point at first. If it’s too low, and the stock can’t keep up with the demand, the dealerships and some private sellers will try to take advantage of the void.

I found out the hard way that once in the dealers hands, they can almost ask what the market will bare. Especially at launch.

The manufactures makes a suggestion (MSRP), but the dealers are independent that way. All the manufactures can do is cut their allotment if they’ve priced it too high for their market and no new orders are coming in. The extra charge is usually classified in the customer invoice as ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup). Don’t want to pay it? So what, we’ve got buyers lined up around the block that want one and don’t care if it costs them a bit more to be first.

Eventually the manufacturers get in on the game once they see what the market will bare. They jack the invoice price up to get their pound of flesh. The dealers already know that they’ve priced it as high as they could for their region, and they stop holding the cars for ransoms, because there’s not enough in it for them to do that.

1 car before got them a $10K kill. Now the invoice has gone up, they need to sell 3 cars to make that bottom line equal that $10K.

Usually, if it’s limited numbers at first, there may be a rider that stipulates that in order for a dealer to get in on the allotment, you have to qualify by selling X amount of YYY’s and ZZZZ’s. The manufactures want the cars on the road so people can see them and start creating a buzz. Not sitting all nice and shinny on the dealers floor.

The dealers like to put the fancy cars on the showroom floor to get people in, then when they see the price, sell them on something more in their range. If someone wants to pony up the cash their asking.... even better.
Some people will pay a lot just to be first on the block.

This was partly the demise of the Vipers.

You can’t but directly from the manufacture. You have to go through the dealerships. There’s only one manufacturer that you can buy directly from. That’s Tesla.

So temper the expectation of what the going to pay regardless of what the MSRP is. Some just can’t help themselves and will pay no matter the cost.

I’m excited to see them hit the streets.